Friday, April 17, 2009

Projects

Beginning the Swallowtail Shawl in Kidsilk Haze. I've already made many mistakes and am not sure if I should just start over. The mohair is almost impossible to frog.


Found this chair on the street in a very sorry state. It has good, sturdy bones so I threw on some white paint and new batting and fabric from Ikea. This book makes me want to be a professional reupholsterer. Is that a word? I'm pretty sure it's not...




And I finally framed and hung the prints my sister made me for Christmas. I love them to pieces!






Oh, and she also made me this awesomely creepy ceramic bird mask that I mounted above our fireplace. The lights on either side add to the eeriness.


It reminds me of Donnie Darko or something!

2 comments:

Bekah Constance said...

i know i already responded to your e-mail about this, but i just want to reiterate how beautiful that shawl is, and the chair looks so great! today i got some fabric to re-upholster that wicker chair. it's grey velvet. and i also got some fabric that has markings that look like a birch tree (remember when we went to hancock fabrics while you were here and saw it? they still have some of that ikat material you got, by the way!) and i'm going to make a pillow with it. have any upholstery tips? mom's going to help me, but neither of us know much about upholstery at all.

jen phifer said...

i really love your sister's work... i will have to purchase yarn from you and a piece of hers someday. i keep thinking of how perfect your yarn would be a neck warmer of some sort